I have a confession: the past 2 days have been take-away nights for me. And yes, take-away in Tagalog is "take out" just like what Chenes asked me the other day. :)

Lately, I have been feeling a little bit under the weather. I guess stress will do that to you. So of course by the time I get home, I'm too tired to cook even my lazy OFW recipes. Plus the fact that the fridge is not usually as well stocked doesn't help either. Being this near to the Chinese New Year, the grocery stores are getting really packed. Yes, worse than Christmas and New Year here. It is actually the equivalent of Christmas in the Philippines, crowd-wise. So all of us have been lazy in getting stuff from the supermarket downstairs.

But thankfully, I still have some recipes up my sleeve and then some. Note to self, I need to start taking photos of all the stuff that I cook so I can easily post them online. In the meantime, we'll make do with Chicken Pork Adobo. :)
What You're Going To Need: 

To cook: a medium sauce pan

Ingredients:

1/4k pork
1/4k chicken (drumsticks/wings)
1/3c soy sauce
1/3c vinegar
1/2c water
4-5tbsp sugar
garlic
pepper








Procedure:


  1. In the medium sauce pan, put the pork, chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, pepper and sugar. In short, all the ingredients.
  2. Over medium fire, let all the ingredients come to a boil. 
  3. Let it boil for around 20-30 minutes or until the sauce reaches the consistency you desire, stirring occasionally. If you like a thicker sauce, let it boil for a bit longer.
You wouldn't believe how easy it is to make adobo considering how delicious it is but trust me, it is that easy to cook it. By this point, the chicken meat will also be falling off the bones. Heaven.

Serve over hot white rice. Bon appetit! 

2 Responses to "Recipe for the Lazy OFW: Chicken Pork Adobo"

  1. gravatar Anonymous Says:

    forgot to tell you, i tried this recipe na. it was pretty good. a bit sweet for me so i'm reducing the sugar next time. thanks! keep the recipes coming!

    dia

  2. gravatar The Lazy OFW Says:

    well, like i said somewhere, cooking is all about your personal preference pero sige i'll take note of that. most of the time i do the recipes from memory eh so i'm not sure kung yon talaga yon amount of sugar that i used. :D let me know the amount you use the next time so i can try it. :P pero the ratio of the vinegar, soy sauce and water are ok?

Leave a Reply

preload preload preload