Teppie at the entrance of ambush. 

It was one Friday evening when both Teppie and I didn't have anything else to do so we decided to catch a movie at Jurong Point. Jurong Point is a newly renovated mall located at the Boon Lay MRT (Green Line) where you can find a lot of restaurants serving whatever type of dish you currently fancy.

We were going to watch "The Blind Side" that night. We got our tickets at 8:15pm and the movie was scheduled to begin at 9pm, which meant we only had 45 minutes to choose a place, place our orders, and actually eat. 


We didn't have any particular craving for that night. All we knew was it had to be fast! So we started walking around and when we got to the 2nd level, we noticed that there was a relatively new place. I say relatively because we have not seen this place prior to our visits before. I could be wrong.

So we waited at the entrance and right away, someone approached us. "Table for 2," we said. We were quickly ushered to a table in the far corner and handed the menus.

Teppie was quite famished so she was looking for appetizers that she can get the soonest time possible. I said, "How about the garlic bread?" She agreed. 

"Can you get us the garlic bread and can you make it fast? We're really hungry," she said. The waitress nodded her head. We started to peruse the menu. I think it was less than a minute and I still haven't even made up my mind when the waitress returned with the bread. 

That was a good sign. They were listening to us. 

The menu consisted of, like what they already put in the entrance, fast casual European dining. There were German, Belgian, Italian dishes (as far as my mind can remember). Teppie right away decided on Italian. Since I was hungry I followed her lead. And since we were feeling really hungry, decided to share a sausage.

Cheese Bratwurst with Potato Rosti, Sauerkraut and Sour Cream for S$11.80

The cheese bratwurst was the best part of the meal. It was so good that I have taken a bite before I remembered that I was supposed to be taking photos of the food for my blog. The skin of the sausage had just the right amount of resistance before you sink your teeth into succulent meat. The potato rosti was crunchy yet tender and went very well with the sausage.  And the sauerkraut was mild, not overpowering the taste of the sausage. I could have ordered the sausage by itself, without having to worry about any other dish.

However, like I already mentioned, Steph and I also ordered pasta dishes. This is what Steph ordered: 



Spinach & Cheese Tortellini in Bacon & Ham Cream Sauce for S$12.50

The serving size was good and the pasta was good soft, not soggy soft. However, I feel that the pasta sauce was quite mediocre. In retrospect, I also believe that the price of S$12.50 was quite pricey for this dish. This is something that you can make yourself at home. Nothing special. 

On the other hand, this is what I had:

3-Cheese Tortellini in Bolognese Arrabiatta Sauce for S$12.50

In general, I believe that the Bolognese Arrabiatta sauce was better than the Bacon & Ham cream sauce. It wasn't so boring. I know Arrabiatta is supposed to be spicy but this dish was spicy-managable, not the type that will make you want to temporarily remove your tongue from your mouth from being burnt by the food. It was also somewhat sweet, which was good for me since I have a terrible sweet tooth. I couldn't taste the difference between the 3-cheese tortellini and the spinach and cheese kind but same feedback, the pasta was soft but not overdone. I don't think this dish was too expensive for the taste but again, I think I can find something that tastes better for the same price. 

Some other points to state:

Good:
  • Fast and friendly service
  • Good variety of menu
  • Check out their value meals
Can Be Better:
  • The place is open so if you are a sucker for privacy, this is not the place for you
  • You may find that the prices of the other food items may not be worth the amount you paid
  • Can get a little bit crowded
All that being said, I will definitely come back to ambush. That sausage is calling to me! :)

5 Responses to "Restaurant Review: ambush - Fast Casual European Dining"

  1. gravatar Anonymous Says:

    Hi there mates, how is everything, and what you desire
    to say about this article, in my view its in fact amazing designed for me.



    Feel free to surf to my homepage cheap party Pills

  2. gravatar Anonymous Says:

    Hі! I just ωantеd to asκ іf you еver have any trоuble ωith haсkers?
    Mу last blog (ωorԁprеss) was
    hacked and I ended up lοsing mоnths of hard
    wοгκ ԁuе to nо
    back up. Dο уou have аny ѕolutionѕ tο protеct agaіnst haсκеrs?


    Feel free to νisit my ωeb-site .
    .. pills for premature ejaculation

  3. gravatar Anonymous Says:

    Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon on
    a daily basis. It's always interesting to read articles from other writers and practice a little something from their sites.

    my web blog herbal party pills

  4. gravatar Anonymous Says:

    An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker who was doing a little homework on this.
    And he actually bought me breakfast due to the fact that
    I found it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.
    ... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this issue here on your internet site.


    My web page diet plans that work

  5. gravatar Anonymous Says:

    Hеllο thеге, Υou've done an excellent job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they'll be benеfited fгom thіs website.



    my blοg - Legal highs salvia

Leave a Reply

preload preload preload