Yesterday, I suddenly had a craving for pot roast. We have some beef in the freezer, ribeyes in particular, so I decided to cook them as pot roast. 


When doing my research, I have learned that blade roast, chuck roast or shoulder roast are ideal for pot roasting. 






What You're Going To Need:


To cook: medium stainless steel pot


Ingredients:


500g blade/chuck/shoulder roast (or as is the case last night, 2pcs ribeye steak)
1/2 cup beef broth
1/4 red/white wine or apple cider vinegar
dried rosemary
dried basil
italian seasoning
onion
garlic
olive oil
optional: 3 tspn light soy sauce


Procedure:


Put olive oil in pan. Over medium heat, sear steaks on both side.

Remove the steaks from the pan. In the remaining oil, saute garlic until golden brown. Slightly saute the onions. Pour the broth and the apple cider vinegar (I didn't have an opened bottle of wine with me and felt it was wasteful to open a bottle just so I can cook with it so I used the vinegar instead).
 

Add the steaks back into pan. Add the salt, pepper, and other spices. Cover the lid and let boil over low fire for around 1.5-2hrs then add the potatoes and the carrots.

Leave a Reply

preload preload preload