I don't know why but all of a sudden, while I was on my way home, I had a craving for eggplant parmegiano.

I hardly eat vegetables. As a matter of fact, growing up, I didn't eat any but when I got to try this at Italianni's, I fell in love.
What You're Going To Need:

To cook: 1 medium frying pan, 1 small/medium baking dish

Heat Source: stove and oven

Ingredients:





1 can tomato sauce (I have discovered that Prego's Traditional tomato sauce is quite good, no need to adjust it to my taste buds)
2 tall eggplants
2 eggs
flour (seasoned flour is good, if none, add pepper, salt, basil, etc)
bread crumbs
mozarella cheese
parmesan cheese
canola/olive/grapeseed oil
optional: basil leaves

Procedure:

Preparing the eggplants
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 175deg Celsius.
  2. In a bowl, crack open the eggs and whisk. Set aside.
  3. Remove the skins off the eggplants then slice them into halves then quarters. 
  4. Roll the eggplant slices into the flour, dip into the whisked egg, then roll onto the breadcrumbs.
  5. In a medium frying pan, heat oil over medium fire. Fry the eggplant slices until they're golden.
  6. Set aside.
Completing the dish
  1. Line the medium baking dish with tin. This will make it easier to clean up later.
  2. Put a thin layer of tomato sauce on the baking dish followed by a layer of eggplant slices. Cover with the mozarella and parmesan. 
  3. Repeat the step until there are no more eggplants or you have reached the top of the dish, whichever comes first. Finish it off with a layer of the cheese and parmesan. You can finish it off with sprinkling dried basil leaves on top, if you wish. 
  4. Pop into the oven and bake for around 20mins.
Voila! Eggplant Parmegiano. This is almost like lasagna except that you're eating vegetables. Very tasty and healthy. Cheese lovers are sure to love this dish. 

Bon appetit! 





1 Response to "Recipe for the NOT So Lazy OFW: Eggplant Parmegiano"

  1. gravatar cooking recipes Says:

    Lovely cheesy recipe makes me go wild because i am a big fan of cheese.woohoo will try the recipe.

Leave a Reply

preload preload preload