In my opinion, the reason why I don't suffer so much from homesickness is because I get to eat Pinoy food a lot. And all this is possible because we Filipinos living in Singapore are lucky enough to have Lucky Plaza!




For those not familiar with Lucky Plaza, it is known to be the Little Philippines (how oxymoronic) in Singapore especially on Sundays when most of the domestic helpers get their day off and congregate in this spot. The 3rd and 4th floors are also filled with stores selling food and other toiletries that we got used to in the Philippines, a few beauty parlors ran by Pinoys and of course, remittance places for the noble overseas Filipino workers to send their hard earned money to their family back home. :D


My roommates and I always make sure we have all sorts of food that we got used to eating when we were back home and so every once in a while, we would trek to LP (But never on a Sunday! The crowd is horrible on Sundays.) and we never notice we've actually spent, more often than not, more than $50 each and every trip. After each visit, we would be laden with Mang Tomas All-Around Sarsa, Barrio Fiesta Bagoong (sweet), sinigang mix, 1 or 2 chichiria and of course, Mama Sita's instant mixes.



Mama Sita's instant mixes are a Pinoy-away-from-home's best friend especially when homesickness is starting to get to you. And more importantly, it always is a great meal idea which yields amazing results with virtually no effort spent. All you need to do is follow the recipe on the back!


I have used Mama Sita's instant mixes several times. It has saved me each and every time I'm in a cooking slump and can't come up with a decent idea of what to serve for lunch/dinner.
=
* Note: This photo is borrowed and is for illustration purposes only. I forgot to take photos of my kare kare. Will update once I have it.
=
* Note: This photo is mine. This was tonight's dinner.



=


I hope that if you are an OFW, that you have Mama Sita's available to you. :) Which reminds me... I need to get my butt to Lucky Plaza ASAP and replenish the supplies in the kitchen. 

1 Response to "An OFW in Singapore's Home Away From Home: Lucky Plaza"

  1. gravatar otep Says:

    Sarap naman dyan! kamusta dyan sa mga OFW in Singapore! ingat po palage!

Leave a Reply

preload preload preload